I’m Amy Hughes, a freelance writer and editor based in London.
I have a background in digital journalism and content marketing, and have written primarily on business and higher education. I also have experience managing social media and digital projects.
Social media management
Digital project management
Understanding of SEO & Google Analytics
Freelance writer and social media manager for Chevening Secretariat
(March – May 2022)
• Writer for the Chevening blog, producing weekly blog posts aimed at current and prospective Scholars, including accompanying social media copy.
• Manager of the Chevening Instagram account.
• Responsible for posting on the Chevening social media accounts on the day of the Chevening Summit, an event bringing together all of the 2021-22 Scholars.
Freelance writer for lowercase
(September 2021 – present)
• Writer for lowercase, primarily producing compelling blog posts for B2B clients within the SaaS arena.
Editorial Intern at Spindle Magazine
(Sept – Dec 2017)
• Created written content for Spindle’s website, regularly interviewing up-and-coming artists, and put together Spindle’s weekly newsletter.
MSt in English with American Literature, Distinction
University of Oxford, awarded 2017
BA (Hons) English Literature, First Class
University of York, awarded 2016